Job Interview? 10 Tips to Know Before You Go|
Job interviews can be stressful, but they don’t have to be. As long as you’re prepared — and by “prepared” we’re talking about more than just bringing a few copies of your resume — you are at the very least guaranteed to impress your interviewer, and maybe even land the job.
Read on for the 10 tips you need to know before heading out to your next job interview.
2. Prepare a list of questions regarding the position, department and company. Bring it with you.
3. Be prepared to clearly state how your experience matches each job requirement.
4. Differentiate yourself. Why are you the best candidate for the position?
5. Be prepared to describe how you will add value to the team, department and company.
6. Consider conducting a mock interview with a friend or family member.
7. Do not wear cologne or perfume.
8. Dress conservatively for the interview. Select your clothes the night before. Make sure your clothes and shoes are in impeccable condition. This preparation not only makes an excellent first impression, it also boosts your confidence. Men: get a trim and be clean-shaven. Women: File your nails. Excessively long and flamboyantly painted fingernails are distracting and unprofessional.
9. Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early so you are not rushed or late due to unexpected traffic delays. This will give you ample time to breathe deeply, calm down and compose yourself.
10. If you need to reschedule your appointment, call as early as possible. Companies appreciate advanced notice of schedule changes and will do their best to provide you the same courtesy.
How do you prepare for a job interview? Tell us in the comments!