Interview Checklist: Ten Simple and Sweet Tips to Remember|
- Research the company
- Know who you’re meeting with
- Practice answers to typical questions***
- Bring copies of your resume
- Have your references handy
- Wear a professional, yet appropriate, outfit
- Know where you’re going
- Arrive 15 minutes early
- Firm handshake
- Don’t forget to smile
Here are some typical interview questions you might be asked. Use these to practice beforehand. Grab a friend and conduct a mock interview. Having the answers in the back of your pocket will let you relax a little bit during the actual interview… You got this!
- Tell me about yourself.
- Describe your working style.
- How do you stay organized?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why do you want to leave your current position?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are you looking for in a position?
- How would your coworkers describe you?
- Do you prefer to work independently or as part of a team?
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict on the job.
- Name a time when you were frustrated at work. What did you do to alleviate it?
- What do you look for in a manager?
- What’s your biggest professional accomplishment?
Photo Courtesy of Just Too Busy